Hi friends, it been a while since I’ve done a DIY post, We have been super busy with holidays and then basketball season. But I am back today to share with you this super simple and cute DIY farmhouse clock project. I have wanted one of these for a while now but you know just haven’t had the time to do it. I finally finished this up and just could not wait to share with you all.
This project is super simple.
All you will need is
- A large cable spool (disassembled)
- Large clock hands- I found mine on amazon
- White chalk paint
- Black or brown latex paint (for numbers)
- Sanding block
- Stencil for roman numerals (you can purchase at most craft stores or free hand them)
- Painters tape
- Small wooden circle to cover the large hole in the center of cable spool
- Paint brushes
- First, you are going to want to disassemble your cable spool. It has 4 bolts in the center that are pretty easy to loosen. Once you have done that you will need to lightly sand down the surface to remove any chipped wood or bumps. Mine was pretty dirty from being outside so I sanded all the dirt off as well.
- Once you have got it sanded down well paint the whole surface and sides with white chalk paint. You will also need to paint your wooden circle piece for the center.
- Now, you’re going to go back and sand down the white to give it that rustic look. Don’t be shy here you want the wood grain to show through.
- Once you feel it looks perfect its time to tape your stencils in place and paint your numbers. Let dry well before removing the stencil.
- Now you need to drill a small hole in the center of your wooden circle. This is going to cover the large hole in the middle of your clock. Your clock hands will fit through this hole.
- Now assemble your clock hands per package instructions and secure to your clock.
- And that’s it. So simple and you now have a beautiful clock for less than $20! These sell for $60+ in stores like Hobby Lobby and Kirklands.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Please share with friends and family and subscribe below to get a reminder every time I post a new project.
PLEASE PIN ME AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
Spring is near and I have some pretty great easter tutorials I’m so excited to share with you!